San Francisco City FC is hosting its inaugural Community Spirit match day on June 10th!
The event will be part of SF City FC’s second home game of the season, which is against Ventura County Fusion. Kickoff is at 2 PM at Kezar Stadium in Golden Gate Park. As part of the club’s broader mission to give back to our community, we have invited some of our closest non-profit partners to join us at the game. We will be highlighting their efforts to make our City a better place.
Staff and guests of these non-profits will receive free admission to the game, and fans will have the opportunity to find out more about these fantastic organizations at kiosks set up around the stadium. We will also produce a special match-day program containing lots of information about our partners. Fans will learn how these organizations benefit us all and how they can get involved too!
In SF City’s last home match against Ventura County, the Iron and Gold earned a dramatic 3-2 victory after being two goals down, so it promises to be both an exciting time both on and off the pitch!
The first 200 fans through the gates at Kezar will receive a special free commemorative pin as well!
Taking part in Community Spirit 2018 are:
- Best Buddies International is dedicated to establishing a global volunteer movement that creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment and leadership development for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco provides local families with a springboard to secure, stable futures through affordable homeownership and neighborhood revitalization.
- HOMEY is a grassroots organization that empowers youth and young adults in schools, on the street, and in jails. They do this through delivering hope, empowerment, leadership, culture and most importantly with love.
- La Cocina cultivates low income food entrepreneurs by providing affordable commercial kitchen space, industry-specific technical assistance and access to market opportunities, focusing primarily on women from communities of color and immigrant communities.
- Renaissance Center increases the entrepreneurial capacities of socially and economically diverse women and men, strengthening our communities through the creation of sustainable new businesses, new jobs, and the promotion of financial self-sufficiency.
- StreetSoccerUSA fights poverty and empowers underserved communities through soccer. They provide an alternative to the pay-to-play model of youth sports with a focus on social impact across the United States and beyond.
- Sunset Youth Services fosters long-term stability and growth for in-risk youth and families through caring relationships and supportive services. This goal is based on the simple belief that youth are inherently worthy of dignity and respect.
More about San Francisco City FC:
SF City FC is one of America’s largest supporter-owned soccer teams. Our founding members agreed to structure the organization differently than traditional American sports team, and envisioned the club as more than a team for fans to watch on match days. We believe that sports teams have a duty to the community in which they play. We see sports teams as tools for social change.
Our overall goal is to help grow the sport in the United States while making San Francisco a better place to live. The Members Organization pledges to give back to the community through charity events, volunteer hours, youth soccer programs and fundraising. In 2017 we contributed over 300 volunteer hours back to our community, and we are continuing to provide member support for major charitable organizations in 2018.